WHDS-54 Rigid Horizontal Foam Saw
The Model WHDS-54 Horizontal Foam Saw is a two-wheel splitter designed to cut low to medium density rigid materials up to 6 lbs per cubic foot (96 kg per cubic meter) and up to 30" (762mm) high,
54" (1372mm) wide and 9' (2743mm) long.
Independent head assembly rides on Precision Ball Screws that are protected by flexible dust
covers. The head assembly has a tilt range of 0-5 degrees of forward tilt.>
Powered table is driven by a 3 HP AC variable frequency speed
controlled chain drive that is capable of moving the table at 50 FPM (15m/min) forward and 50 FPM (15m/min)
fixed or variable reverse. Other speeds are available.
Blades - Blade Motor - Guide - Sharpener
- The WHDS-54 is equipped with a
1.5" (38.1mm) x .032" (0.081mm) thick band knife supported by 16 " (355mm) diameter wheels. The wheels have a molded
urethane elastomer tire.
- A blade sharpener equipped with long life Borazon™ grinding wheels is standard.
- The blade motor is 10 HP and allows
the blade to run at a no load speed of 4100 FPM (1250mm/min).
- A standard Teflon coated blade guide, 0.099" (2.5mm)
thick x 3.5/8" (92mm) wide, die spring tensioned, is provided with each machine.
Controls and Power Requirements
- Touch Screen operator controls are mounted on a
freestanding podium connected by a flexible conduit so it can be positioned on either side of the machine.
- Equipped with a Programmable Logic Control (PLC) that allows control of the cut thickness with
an indexing accuracy of +/- .003 "(0.0762 mm). This is actual head movement based on encoder input. There are adjustments in the PLC program that allow compensation for mechanical tolerances and electrical timing
that may change over time.
- PLC also allows for such added features as:
- Batch cutting
- Batch Pausing
- Set Height command
- Available electrics are 208V/230V/460V, 3 Phase, 60 Hz. Contact ESCO for other electrics.
running light, blade break disconnect switch, operator guards, podium mounted emergency stop button, lockable
disconnect switch and safety warning decals.
- Vacuum table, divided into 3 sections with independent control and 10 HP table mounted blower.
- Heavy duty blade guide
.314" (8mm) thick, recommended for cutting material under 3/8" (10mm).
- Wedge guide, Teflon coated, 8" width, 1 3/8"
(35mm) thick (tapered) with a replaceable wear guide and adjustable carbide backers.
- Blade guide stabilizer for
standard and heavy duty guides.
- Variable speed blade drive.
- Carter guides for set tooth blades.
- 11' (3353mm) powered table.
|Floor Space Required:
||145 " (3683mm)
||246 " (6248mm)
||120 " (3048mm)
|Shipping weight will vary with options, range 3500-4000 pounds (1580-1815kg).